Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Having some Fun


Over the past couple of weeks while trying to figure out some life decisions we have taken some time out for fun as well. We got away and spent 3 nights up in the snow near Willamette Pass. There wasn’t any fresh snow but there was enough to go and have some adventures. One of our favorite things to do while up there is go on snowshoe hikes, Charlie loves them and we love that she sleeps like a log after.



The next day I decided to take a snowmobile ride and see how the snow was further up the mountain. I set up the GoPro and was off. I was the only one on the mountain and it was probably the last time of the year that I will be the one making first tracks.




After our relaxing mini vacation it was back to Salem. Katie went back to work and I went back to fishing. Once the flood stage waters cleared the Nestucca was looking good. I decided to go further up the river and float the more technical section. If there is one thing I was trying to do that day it was to make it down safely. Not to catch fish but to see if I could row a section in which I had never seen before and read the water correctly to make it down. With my last bit of local knowledge from the shuttle guy I was off. Looking back on it I freaked myself out more than I needed to. I had heard so much talk how technical it is and how you really have to be on your toes, but really I just had to be smart. That is something that I will give credit to my dad for, always look for trouble and point your boat at it. Thanks Dad! All in all it was a great day, one fish hooked with some exciting jumps and a new section under my belt. 


LTD

No comments:

Post a Comment